Saturday, November 28, 2020

"So I dig, deep in the belly of my soul"

Throughout the last few months, I have had an interest in learning more about Reiki and experiencing it firsthand. I've been practicing some of my own meditation and self care rituals, but I wanted to add a Reiki experience to my list of practices. So, today I went to my first Reiki session and it was better than I imagined. 

My Reiki master was very thorough. I was there for just slightly over two hours for the actually Reiki session and an intuitive reading afterwards that dug deep into my many layers and how to move forward. Best of all, she recorded the reading so I can hear her explanations again to remember things. She is also emailing me a report. I'm not going to go into all of the details of my reading, but I will share some of the highlights.

Who Am I?

If you have been following my blog, you may recall one of my latest blog posts that dug into the question of "Who Am I?" a little bit. It turns out that I need to do just that. According to my Reiki master, she said that right now I'm so full of what others expect me to be or what others think I am. But I need to dig down deep within myself to figure out what makes me ME. If you would have seen the look on my face!!! 

Another thing worth mentioning was that I'm supposed to be doing something BIGGER. What that is, I do not know. She asked me if I had any idea what it would be if I wasn't teaching. I told her about my passion for music and that I recently started a blog. She said that what I'm doing could be a stepping stone for something big to come. My energy field was just so huge and bright that it was "too big for my body and for what I'm doing in my life." 

She unveiled some of my fears that she got from the reading. I had mentioned to her that I am so full of anxiety sometimes that I don't even know where it is coming from. She found that I have a fear of not having enough time to do everything that I want and need to do. I also have a fear of failure. Both are true. I'm always rushing around, talking a mile a minute, as if there isn't enough time for everything. And yes, I'm always extremely hesitant of breaking out of my comfort zone for fear of failure.

The final thing from the reading that I want to share is that from my solar plexus down, she could not get any reading. There were no vibrations. I then shared with her that when I meditate, I visualize so vividly and I can feel its effects. However, my legs end up feeling like lead! She said I need to start doing some yoga to begin opening up those other chakras.

So....now what?!

I need use everything that I have gained from this reiki experiences to my benefit. But where to start? Well, I definitely need to come up with a plan:

  • Get into a good yoga routine.
  • Dig down deep to know and understand who I really am
  • Find some good throat and heart chakra meditations to open them up even more
  • When I start to feel the onset of anxiety arising, I need to face it head on and pick it apart to figure out what the actual trigger is. 
Life's Music Connection:

Now Playing: 
Maggie Koerner - "Dig Down Deep"

Let me introduce you to a powerhouse of a woman vocalist, Miss Maggie Koerner. I fell in love with her the first time I saw her live in Pompono Beach, Florida, back in April 2017. I remember the moment she opened her mouth to sing, the world around me stood still. I got chills. The only thing that existed at that moment in time was her voice and her lyrics. 

Maggie Koerner
CrawDebauchery Food and Music Festival
Pompano Beach, Florida
April 2017


Me and Maggie Koerner
World Cafe Live
Philadelphia, PA
September 18, 2019

Her music has really helped me through a lot since then. To be quite honest, I listen to her a lot at school after I put the children on their buses just to release any anxieties of the day. Certain artists speak to me. It's like they know what is going on in my head and their music is my antidote for any stress that I'm feeling.

So, the simple answer to many of my questions has been there all along. It was right in front of my face the entire time. It has been playing through my car, phone, and home speakers multiple days of the week. And yet I never REALLY listened to what Maggie was saying: 

"What do you say once in the light of day
What do you find once give in to time
So I did, so I dig, down in the belly of my soul
Dig down deep, deep deep deep
Deep in the belly where I lay"
-Maggie Koerner, "Dig Down Deep"

My Reiki master told me today that the reason I'm so exhausted is because I'm constantly trying to consciously figure things out within myself. That is what is draining all of the energy out of me. This whole time I thought I was exhausted from trying to block out negativity. The truth is, I need to stop trying to CONSCIOUSLY figure things out because it is deeper than that. Instead it needs to be done on a subconscious level. How? Maybe meditation. She even suggested using some singing bowls since I respond so well to music and sound.

I'm very glad I tried out Reiki today. The funny thing is, now that I am more aware of myself, my chakras, and my energy field, I have even more questions about myself. 

But, isn't that what always happens? Life can be such a puzzle sometimes. But I'll continue to piece together what makes me ME.

6 comments:

  1. oh my isnt bioenergetic healing aweome?! I am a practitioner, so glad to hear you had a good experience! ♥ I experienced the "biggerthan life" event in my life, I dove deep and it was so cathartic! We have so much in common #fearoffailure Here is a good heart chakra opening meditation, I use it for me (♥ was so closed a few years back) and with clients, https://youtu.be/yPSw_rCSDXI?list=PLVAwyvRPNh9GP4uzRkP7D3ydAybHG4FII

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this! I will definitely use this! Yes, while I was meditating during the session, I actually became teary eyed. I'm a very visual person. The images I were seeing throughout the session got me pretty emotional.

      Delete
  2. Looking deep into yourself is important to recognize triggers to get to the root to solve it. I need to do that more and find ways to overcome things in a healthy way instead of soda and wine! Continue searching and analyzing to find yourself but know that we love you as the amazing person you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience, that's quite a big realisation . I've tried yoga a few times but never in a way that I've managed to fully get into and find a routine. I know so many people who have had great experiences with meditation too.

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I need to find myself a good yoga routine and schedule. Deciding if I want to do it in the morning before school or right after school. Thank you so much, Sophie, for taking the time to read my blog post and commenting! Peace and good vibes to you!

      Delete

Followers

Total Pageviews